Usually when I hear the phrase “group work” I cringe,
groan, and would much rather not have to deal with it. I have had my fair share
of awful group experiences since coming to JMU- people that I do not get along
with, slackers, not being able to meet, staying up late at the last minute to
complete the assignment. I am surprised and pleased to say that this has not
been the case in GWRTC this semester. I have honestly never had a group that
could meet on time, meet briefly, and get the work done as swiftly as possible.
With that being said, it is very hard to come up with any
challenges I have had from this project. If anything, I would say that
splitting up the work has been hard. I feel that all of my group members are
willing to work hard and equally contribute, but with some sections being
easier than others or some having to be more concise than others, it has been
difficult to make sure everyone has done their part. Plus, we have an extra
member so we have really had to struggle to make sure everyone has something to
do.
I would not like to know what it is like to do this type
of assignment on my own. I know for sure that it would not be as good as if I
had additional help from my group members. There is a lot that goes into this
project- surveying, researching, and of course the writing. I am definitely
better at research, so I feel that I would end up focusing on that and not have
as much put into my surveys. In the end, I feel that my audience would be left knowing
a lot about the background of my topic but not necessarily what I have done to
test that idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment